View Pictures of Submitted Surveys in Inbox

Jump to solution
01-10-2021 06:41 PM
Billy
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Is it possible to view the pictures taken with submitted surveys when checking the surveys in the inbox of the mobile app?

Right now when I check a submitted survey in the inbox the image question only shows the label but not pictures.

Regards.

17 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @erica_poisson,

Given the timezone difference, it might be better to further troubleshoot this with @JamesTedrick or @ZacharySutherby. You images should be appearing by default, based on your configuration, unless I am missing something.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @erica_poisson

If you are using a pre 10.8.1 ArcGIS Enterprise organization this is expected as feature services pre 10.8.1 don't support attachment keywords. If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or later or ArcGIS Online with a hosted feature service this is not expected behavior. If you have a referenced feature service some additional configuration may be needed on the Enterprise Geodatabase feature class. 

Let's schedule a call to take a look into the behavior and narrow down what's happening. Please feel free to email me ZSutherby@esri.com and we can schedule a call to take a look into it.

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
CarissaPhantom
New Contributor III

Thank you for your post, I was able to talk to one of the inspectors, and he was able to all of his photos. May I add to the post. Is there a trick to viewing these offline, while the team is in the field opening and submitting over 100 records before coming back into cell service? Our team are surveying the forest in burn areas.

ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @CarissaPhantom

Unfortunately, at the moment viewing images in the inbox requires an online connection.  We have offline support in our backlog and hope to support editing images while offline in the future. 

Thank you,
Zach
MichaelBruening
Occasional Contributor

Hello @ZacharySutherby, I currently have a survey form used while "offline" that has a repeat containing an image/photo question that is "required". Currently the users cannot submit the form until they reach a data connection and then manually tap on the "..." to download each of the photos that had been taken previously. Is there a work around for this; besides disabling the required status, until the offline support has been enabled?

0 Kudos
郁儒林
New Contributor II

Hello @Anonymous User ,we tried to view photo from inbox survey. If the data source of feature service is reference registered data, the photo won't show. Do you have any idea?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @郁儒林

For a registered feature service you will need to run the Upgrade Attachments geoprocessing tool on the attachment table so that it has keywords enabled. When keywords are enabled on the attachment table new attachments will show in the Inbox. Existing attachments will need to have their keyword attribute populated. Please see this Python notebook for a way to automate that workflow. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
CarissaPhantom
New Contributor III
0 Kudos