Select to view content in your preferred language

Using Repeats data into ArcGIS Dashboard

10-19-2023 06:57 AM
MariusVerdes
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for some help with a Survey123 survey that has 8 repeat sections stored in related tables. I'm trying to display the data in a centralized way using ArcGIS Dashboard, but I can't see the related tables in any of the visual elements.

Is this a limitation of Dashboard, or is there something I can do to work around it? Has anyone else faced this issue before? How did you overcome it?

I'm also open to using ArcGIS Experience Builder if there's a workaround there.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What do you mean you can't see the related tables in the "visual elements"? You should be able to connect your dashboard widgets to any valid data layer, whether a related table or not. How are you trying to access the data?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
Regular Contributor

Hi @jcarlson ,

What I meant was that when I tried to use the main layer from Survey123 (the one added to the map behind the dashboard), I could not see the sub-layers with the repeat tables. But now, I tried to add the same layer as a "Stand-alone layer" and I was able to select the sub-layer with the repeat table.

Thank you for answering.

0 Kudos
DosselEGP
Emerging Contributor

Hi @MariusVerdes Could you show how you did it? I have the same problem. 😥

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I use related data (repeats in S123) all the time in dashboards, definitely possible to do.  A lot of time I'll have a list element or a table element with the parent records (the main form records), then use the related data in another table, set up an action so when the parent records are clicked the related records are filtered.  I link up the parent record's Global ID and the childrens' GUIDs to make this filtering work.

MariusVerdes
Regular Contributor

Hi @MobiusSnake ,

Thank you for answering. As I replied to @jcarlson, my issue was that I could not see the sub-layers with the repeat data from the main layer added to the map behind the dashboard. But when  I tried to add the same layer as a "Stand-alone layer" I was able to select the sub-layer with the repeat table.

I am fairly new to Dashboards and sometimes I tend to oversee obvious things like in this case.😅

0 Kudos
DosselEGP
Emerging Contributor

Hi @MobiusSnake Could you show how you did it? I'm trying to do the same but I can't. Could you help me?

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Sure, usually it's two steps:

• Point your widget to your related table or layer, the one that contains your repeat's records.  Initially it will just show everything, all your repeats from multiple forms, which isn't very useful but...
  • Then you want to filter that widget's content using a Filter action from another widget.  For example, if you have a list widget with your forms in it, and a table containing your repeats, under your list's actions you'd create a new Filter action with a source field of the form's key (likely its Global ID) and a target field of the repeat's key (likely a GUID field).  Then when you click on a list item, it'll filter your table's repeats to those that are the children of the form selected in the list.
DosselEGP
Emerging Contributor

Thank you very much for your help @MobiusSnake , I managed to do it here on my dashboard now.

ScottJones1
Regular Contributor

This sounds like a solution I am looking for, but I am unclear the steps you are employing? I have a Survey123 where inputters list 'who' they are and the 'date', they then have multiple groups that all have repeat options so that they can pick the 'tasks' they accomplish from each group.

When I create the Dashboard, I can display the 'tasks' in cumulative form, but cannot create an action that sorts 'who' did them. You mentioned you created a "link" of GUIDS, How are you linking the Global ID with children GUID? 

I tried to create a join in ArcPro with the Parent Guid but this join does not carry over to the web layer?

0 Kudos