Using a Survey to Fuel Options in another Survey

03-15-2022 07:07 AM
rcraig_RockportMA
New Contributor II

In using survey123 in AGOL, I am hoping to have results from one survey "vehicle database" fuel the options for another "vehicle maintenance". I want to be able to create a record for a vehicles in the first survey and then create subsequent maintenance records for it in the second survey. Is it possible to have the domain for a drop down question in survey123 be a field from another survey? If not, does anyone know of another solution I could be leveraging for this?

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Online or offline?

Normally I use FieldMaps with the first form in it and then use URL params to pass value over to the next form.

You prob are not spatial though.  But you can use URL with parameters in 123 also.  It is a little funky due to saving.  If you are using the web page forms then you can add a URL to the thank you screen (I think that works now).  If not you can have a URL in the first form that launches the second and passes the fields.  Funky part is the first form stays open in the background.  That means after form 2 is submitted it will show them form 1 again and then they have to submit that also.  Other option is to submit the first form then open it back up from outbox and then use the link to form 2.  Yet another option is the inbox which would allow anyone to open the first form and launch the second.  

Also consider relating them together so that you can easily look up all records on a vehicle.  

See here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
rcraig_RockportMA
New Contributor II

I am working in an online environment for this.

The issue that I'm facing is that it's not 1:1. A vehicle may have service at any time in its 10 yr lifetime in the department, but the vehicle information form will only be submitted when it is first purchased. Your solution would work if I wanted one survey to always be followed by the other, but that will almost never be the case.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Look at Inbox then.  You could load in the original vehicle form and open it, then use the links to create the other forms.