Select to view content in your preferred language

Use pulldata to display multiple values associated with lookup

01-18-2024 12:36 PM
RickLevy
New Contributor II

I have an external list of plants, each one belonging to a transect. In my form the user selects a transect and I am hoping to display a note/list of plants that are associated with the selected transect. Is it possible to use pulldata to return multiple values? If not, are there any other options? I am purely trying to display the plant information in a note, not a select_one or select_many. I am using survyey123 connect to design. I am open to using javascript, but the form must be functional offline.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you just mean a running list total in a repeat?  If so join() works well for that.  I use it to check for dups when doing a species inventory.

0 Kudos
RickLevy
New Contributor II

No, I don't think so. We have transects where we monitor the same tagged plants (1 species of rare cactus) year after year. The field crew wants to select a site and transect and have each tagged plant from the selected transect displayed in a list on the form. I have a feeling that pulldata is limited to only returning 1 value, but looking to confirm that and for potential other options.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

How do they select a transect?

This is what I do. May be of help to you:

abureaux_1-1706200071089.png

Enter in your layer into the Layer URL's default, and determine what type of Where Clause you need.

The Json of Main Layer is a JSON response containing everything in the search result. From there, I pull what I need:

abureaux_2-1706200130673.png

0 Kudos