Select to view content in your preferred language

Does an address search consume credits if the type field is text and not geopoint?

Jump to solution
01-25-2024 05:48 AM
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Does anyone know if in Survey123 Connect if I have an address search field that is just a text field under the type column, because I don't want to create a geopoint for this search, does that consume credits? That is what I think I'm understanding from what I am reading here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/working-with-the-address-question-type-in-the/ba... 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Had a re-read through that blog. The language is confusing, which I assume that is where you got your phrasing from. The answer should still be "no", but I will quote Ismael:

The address question type can be used in public surveys. Only if you decide to store the address as a point AND you use the ArcGIS World Geocoding service with your address question, credits will be consumed. Refer to this page for details on credit consumption for the ArcGIS World Geocoding service. Apologies for the belated response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You mean a literal text field used for addresses? That wouldn't consume credits.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Had a re-read through that blog. The language is confusing, which I assume that is where you got your phrasing from. The answer should still be "no", but I will quote Ismael:

The address question type can be used in public surveys. Only if you decide to store the address as a point AND you use the ArcGIS World Geocoding service with your address question, credits will be consumed. Refer to this page for details on credit consumption for the ArcGIS World Geocoding service. Apologies for the belated response.

Bec
by
New Contributor III

Yes, that is why I wanted to ask on here to make sure I understood him correctly.  I'll leave this open for a little longer to see if anyone from ESRI replies just to confirm what we both have concluded based on the article.  Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos