Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Template If Then Display

Jump to solution
01-24-2024 03:56 PM
ChrisAuger
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a survey and I have a few questions which pop-up a free text field if the user selects Yes to the previous question. 

In my report template I only want those free text fields to show up if they user selected yes. Currently no matter what the user selects the free text fields show up in the report template. 

I tried below in my report template but the same result. 

${if q1 | selected:"yes"}${/}

${specifyq1 | appearance:"multiline"}

I also tried ${/} at the end of the above and tried the choice label and name. 

Any ideas on what I am missing to only get the free text specifyq1 to show if the user answered yes to q1 in my Word Report Template. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Other Cultural Resource Monitor(s) Present

${culresourcepresent}

${if culresourcepresent | selected:"yes"}Specify Other Cultural Resource Monitor(s) Present. Include full name, organization, etc.

${specifyculresources | appearance:"multiline"}${/}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bwp_aasai
New Contributor II

You just need to put your return value inside your conditional. Right now if your conditional evaluates as true, you're not returning anything.

${if q1 | selected:"yes"}${specifyq1 | appearance:"multiline"}${/}

ChrisAuger
New Contributor II

Still is not working. I tried it all ran together like you have it and it gave me an error. So tried separately like below and the report ran but still showed the empty Specify Cultural Resources.

${culresourcepresent}

Specify Other Cultural Resource Monitor(s) Present. Include full name, organization, etc.

${if culresourcepresent | selected:"yes"}

What I want is if someone answers "no" to Other Cultural Resource Present than the report won't show the Specify Other Cultural Resource Monitor field. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

${culresourcepresent}

${if culresourcepresent | selected:"yes"}Specify Other Cultural Resource Monitor(s) Present. Include full name, organization, etc.

ChrisAuger
New Contributor II

That worked! Thank you!

0 Kudos