Updating Public Survey Causes Unpacking Failure

Jump to solution
02-06-2021 04:47 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am having a issue with 2 public surveys.  These were both created using Connect and were working perfectly fine last week.  Yesterday I made slight updates to a domain choice field and republished using Connect Vs 3.11.124.  Now both of them are causing unpacking issues when the user tries to update on the field app.  The survey appears to download but seems to get stuck in a endless loop while trying to unpack.  I have tested this on a android phone, ipad, and windows laptop with the exact same results. Its a no go for the field user if you try to update the survey. From other posts it seems this may not be a new issues, has anyone had success fixing this problem???  Here are things i've tried so far.  I first tried updating the form to the latest version and republishing but this also did not resolve it.  Next I tried rolling back all my changes including the form update but that did not fix it either.

Josh

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@elpinguino @JoshHabel @Symbology2008 @DBDavis @afana1972 

We are currently looking into this issue, and whilst it can be reproduced with 3.12 release builds in some rare cases, we have not been able to reproduce it in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community. If you have time, could you please install and test the latest 3.13 beta builds and let us know if you still have the same issue with the same surveys.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
afana1972
New Contributor II

Hi All/ @Anonymous User @JoshHabel @DBDavis @elpinguino,

ESRI USA/UK has sorted out this problem for my enterprise by changing the configuration of the security in our enterprise account (Managed Service). More concretely, in our managed service settings, the anonymous access was disabled, which by default won't allow anonymous users to use any service that is generated by our enterprise configuration. As soon as we changed the settings, the public survey123 is back and working. 

many thanks to you all. 

Ashraf, 

View solution in original post

18 Replies
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

I've had this happen on some past projects. It's some sort of corruption or confliction issue with the new form package it downloaded. Sometimes clearing Survey123's cache and data from my phone settings would solve it, otherwise people had to uninstall and reinstall it. Either way they were good to go afterward.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're having the exact same issue with a survey form that is being called from a Field Maps map.  When a user clicks on a hyperlink in a Field Maps popup, it fires up an inspection report in Survey 123 using a custom URL scheme.  It was working a week ago, and now when we try it, it successfully opens Survey123 but gets stuck in the loop of "Unpacking", "Downloading thumbnail", "Downloading", until it times out and gives the 'Error Unpacking' message.

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the app and clearing the cache, but it hasn't helped.  We have the same issue on iOS and Android.

Any luck with your issues Josh? 

Thanks,

Brendan

afana1972
New Contributor II

I have the same problem and just raised a ticket to ESRI. I'll let you know what is their feedback.

Ashraf,

DBDavis
New Contributor II

Any update on this issue? Collector linked to Survey123 earlier this week, but has an error unpacking today. Updates are appreciated.

0 Kudos
afana1972
New Contributor II

Hi Davis,

Seems to be a bug with Survey123 related to portal user. I have been contacted by esri and the new version should solve the problem. I'll update you as soon as I have any updates.

0 Kudos
Symbology2008
New Contributor II

Same "error unpacking" message here. 

Don't know if it is related to the drop-down list options I added after first publishing. 

Symbology2008_0-1619469627998.png

0 Kudos
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Any updates on this? I am also having this issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@elpinguino @JoshHabel @Symbology2008 @DBDavis @afana1972 

We are currently looking into this issue, and whilst it can be reproduced with 3.12 release builds in some rare cases, we have not been able to reproduce it in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community. If you have time, could you please install and test the latest 3.13 beta builds and let us know if you still have the same issue with the same surveys.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
afana1972
New Contributor II

Thanks @Anonymous User for the update. I'll test the new beta version and let you know if the problem was sorted.

Ashraf, 

0 Kudos