Select to view content in your preferred language

Update survey using data from google sheet

Jump to solution
07-27-2023 01:18 PM
Labels (1)
DanielLeón81
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am developing a form with survey123 connect and I have a doubt. The form needs to receive data that comes from a Google Sheet spreadsheet that is updated from time to time, this data is stored in without coordinates, it only has the addresses with which I hope to run the esri World Geocoding Service to approximate its location and later update with field output the exact location.

My question is: What method do you recommend to integrate the google Sheet spreadsheet with the survey with survey 123 connect?

This is something new for me, as I have usually only created simple forms, I look forward to your recommendations. I am also open to using ArcGIS Field Maps if it is easier to create the workflow there.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a python package to read google sheets I used once and it was pretty slick.  You could grab the sheet, change to csv, then upload it to AGOL using the Python API.  Make that CSV a linked content in 123 and that should do it.  Make it a bat file on task scheduler and it would be all good.  Just have Pro logged in and it will use its token.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a python package to read google sheets I used once and it was pretty slick.  You could grab the sheet, change to csv, then upload it to AGOL using the Python API.  Make that CSV a linked content in 123 and that should do it.  Make it a bat file on task scheduler and it would be all good.  Just have Pro logged in and it will use its token.

Hope that helps

DanielLeón81
New Contributor III

Ohh Thaanks