update loop from URL parameters

03-09-2022 08:19 AM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to update my surveys via URL parameter, so when people launch a survey, they are using the most up to date version. When I use arcgis-survey123://?itemID=x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x?update=true, my survey does update, but then gets caught in an update loop. I also tried &update=true, but this just skipped over the survey update.

Does anyone have some insight on this? I couldn't find anything in the blogs.

6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried this new setting?

DougBrowning_0-1646843359955.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes. I actually set that at the organizational level, so it is applied to all surveys:

abureaux_0-1646843707758.png

The problem with launching from URL parameters is that it skips the main screen where the update check is performed and the Require Update setting is triggered. If users open the app normally and an update is found, they can't open the survey without the update. However, if they close the app and then launch from a URL, it still skips the update check (even if the app knows there is an update to that survey).

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That was my concern, bummer.  I also get hung up on how to force changes if it was just the CSV, esp if it is a linked CSV.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ugh. Yes. Linked CSVs are another problem. Same issue as survey updates.

Hopefully someone from Esri has a solution.

BigBry79
New Contributor II

I have this problem as well. Hopefully, Esri can come up with a solution. 

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I also have this problem, mainly with the CSVs but with a new workflow I'm using it's very true for the survey form updates themselves.

It's very odd to me Esri hasn't made this a higher priority to fix considering how much they like their app integrations.

0 Kudos