Survey123 version 3.12.274 Pulldata() functionality changes?

Jump to solution
02-25-2021 09:37 AM
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Hello Survey123 Community and @JamesTedrick or @IsmaelChivite 

We have a form that has been in use for months that utilizes the pull data functionality to populate some fields in the form based on a barcode scan. 

We have had several users call that are not getting data populated in those fields after a barcode scan.  All our users are using iOS devices.  We have isolated this issue to users that have version 3.12.274 of Survey123.  We've verified that the necessary .csv file is in the media folder within the Portal item and that the data is properly populated in the file itself.  Furthermore, users that are still on 3.11.164 are able to scan and get the necessary fields populated...even after updating the form itself.  So, it seems to be an issue with version 3.12.274.

I have not been able to find any information on version 3.12.274.  Is there a change in the pulldata() functionality? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
JarrettCziesch1
New Contributor II

Hello Zachary,

Token is required and all headers are not reserved.

Jarrett

0 Kudos
JarrettCziesch1
New Contributor II

{
"code": 499,
"extendedCode": -2147220966,
"message": "Token required but not passed in the request.",
"details": [
"Token required."
]
}

0 Kudos
JarrettCziesch1
New Contributor II

I put in a notice to our server administrator. From what I gathered, the survey should be non secured.

0 Kudos
GregHacker1
New Contributor II

Hello Zach,

Hopefully you can help with a similar issue I'm having.  All my pulldata functions work as expected until I update them with additional rows.  I have a location field that is in the standard choices tab (not external).  When the user selects a location, multiple other fields are populated  like geopoint, latitude, longitude, elevation, and others.  All choices and associated pulldata information originally published with the survey work correctly in 3.12 and 3.13, but whenever I manually add more choices (i.e., new locations) in the worksheet and data in the .csv the additional choices will not pull data.  The new choices are in the survey to select, but no data gets pulled from the updated .csv when selected.  Again, the data that was originally published with the survey still populates associated data.  I've checked for additional empty columns, reserved symbols, etc., but haven't found any issues so far.

Any thoughts?

Greg

0 Kudos
DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

EDIT: The problem seems resolved! Not sure exactly what was causing the issue unfortunately, but I simply opened the .csv tables I was having issues with, resaved them into the media folder, and updated/republished the surveys. Pulldata functions appear to be working once again. Sorry for the false alarm!

I'm running into the same issues as of today. The pulldata function no longer seems to be working on one of our forms. I noticed this occurred immediately after updating the Survey123 app to the latest version. The form still seems to function fine in Connect, but not the mobile app. I've checked my .csv and have no missing column headers. Any other ideas as to what is causing my pulldata function to fail? 

This is pretty distressing as we use a multitude of Survey123 forms for our data collection and several of them make use of the pulldata function. I'm terrified that I'm now going to have to go through each form and figure out what's causing this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanDay1
New Contributor

We also are experienced problems with pulldata(...) in a survey we were building.

It seemed that after the latest app update the csv has different limitations on the column names.

We had spaces in the column headers and special characters like parenthesis and percent.  Which previously worked, but after update the pulldata(..) was not working.

After cleaning up the columns in the csv to more 'database friendly' header names the pulldata(..) in the mobile app started working again.

Note the survey123 connect app continued to work with spaces and special characters in the names.

0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue and am not sure how to get my pulldata to work now after the update.  I am now using Survey123 3.12.229.  All my pulldata columns are lowercase and without spaces.  What else can I do to get it to work?  Attached is my media file for the pulldata.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JarrettCziesch1
New Contributor II
Hi there, I assume you use them for reverse geocoding? if your form is
public facing the pulldata functions will not work. This happened as a
result of the new release. JS functions will not work with public facing
firms as well. I am currently researching ways to develop something to
compensate for this but may need to use something different.

The only option to use pulldata functions for reverse geocoding is to
provide a profile for either a group or individuals.
0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I meant to post this under the main question.  Thanks for trying to help, though!

0 Kudos
KaitlynAbrahamson
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue and am not sure how to get my pulldata to work now after the update.  I am now using Survey123 3.12.229.  All my pulldata columns are lowercase and without spaces.  What else can I do to get it to work?  Attached is my media file for the pulldata.

Thanks!

0 Kudos