Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 stuck at the starting page - no sign in button shows

Jump to solution
12-15-2023 04:08 PM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

After we updated the portal to 11.1, my Survey123 is stuck at the starting page.

YukoYokozawa_0-1702685107650.png

I uninstalled Survey123 and re-installed it, but it still stuck there. Does anyone know how to completely remove the app? Or directly go to the connections page?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @YukoYokozawa

After uninstalling Survey123 navigate to C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Settings and delete all the JSON files in that folder. This will remove all portal connections for both the Survey123 field app and Survey123 connect. 

Then reinstall Survey123 to see if the issue persists. This may happen if the type of authentication changed on the ArcGIS Enterprise organization. For example, if the previous authentication type was IWA and is now using built in ArcGIS Enterprise log ins. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @YukoYokozawa

After uninstalling Survey123 navigate to C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Settings and delete all the JSON files in that folder. This will remove all portal connections for both the Survey123 field app and Survey123 connect. 

Then reinstall Survey123 to see if the issue persists. This may happen if the type of authentication changed on the ArcGIS Enterprise organization. For example, if the previous authentication type was IWA and is now using built in ArcGIS Enterprise log ins. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much Zach! I was able to add the new portal. I have one question about it. I added the upgraded portal, and got this 

YukoYokozawa_0-1702687015794.png

The portal name doesn't show up on the button. I checked the portal settings and the name in the Organization Profile is set, but it doesn't show up on the sign-in button. Is this fixable?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @YukoYokozawa

If you access https://gasgisenterprisetest.sempra.com/portal/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=pjson in a browser on your network what is the value for the "name" attribute? This will likely be between "modified" and "notificationsEnabled" in the JSON. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

It's "null", if the one I found is right one

YukoYokozawa_0-1702688933267.png

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I think this should be a new question. I'll post this question separately and wait for an answer. Thanks!!

0 Kudos