Survey123 Select Multiple Default

08-05-2022 02:02 PM
JordanHolt
New Contributor III

I have a select multiple list of possible "Pole Issues" , one of the options being "NO_ISSUE". I want to default this to "NO ISSUE" but after any other option is selected the default to be removed. Is this possible? 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

Because Survey123 evaluates all fields simultaneously, you can't select a default and not select it simultaneously. It has to be one or the other.

What this does is return a value of either no option or another option. It doesn't matter if the no option choice is selected because it is isn't returned. If the user is puzzled by the "no issue" choice being selected, they can remove it manually. If they aren't concerned by it, then it appears visible but isn't returned.

0 Kudos
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

Hi All
Hoping that this can help me with my current objective- not exactly like this, but I think I can use the js for this purpose with a bit of your help.
I have a multiple select and when user selects their choices, they're stored as comma delimited values.
How to go in there and separate them so that they may be used as individual fields for reporting purposes?  

Also- how do i make the select multiple default to "all of them selected" -- usually the user will need to select all of them-
Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

Unless you have a huge number of choices, if you want to split the answers in the survey then the easiest way is just to to create fields for each possible answer and populate the field if the answer is selected.

Setting the response to all selected is done exactly the same way as setting the fault to a single answer, but with commas between the answers.

0 Kudos
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III
Thanks so much!!
0 Kudos