Survey123 Report Template - add related tables

Jump to solution
11-23-2020 07:57 AM
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to add fields from a related table in a report template?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi! I am by no means a Survey123 expert but I was able to accomplish this in my feature report template following the docs here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereporttemplates.htm

In my case, I had user input data from a repeat question representing multiple watersheds related to a single point feature. In my feature report template Word document, I created a table like so: 

HUC

Name

Total Acres

Acres Burned

Percent Burned

${#WatershedFire}

${HUC}

${ Name}

${TotalAcres}

${AcresBurned}

=${PctBurned}

${/WatershedFire}

In this example, my related table is called WatershedFire and the fields (HUC, Name, TotalAcres, etc.). Note the syntax for opening and closing. When I generate a feature report, all the related records are added automagically and I get a table with multiple watersheds. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi! I am by no means a Survey123 expert but I was able to accomplish this in my feature report template following the docs here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereporttemplates.htm

In my case, I had user input data from a repeat question representing multiple watersheds related to a single point feature. In my feature report template Word document, I created a table like so: 

HUC

Name

Total Acres

Acres Burned

Percent Burned

${#WatershedFire}

${HUC}

${ Name}

${TotalAcres}

${AcresBurned}

=${PctBurned}

${/WatershedFire}

In this example, my related table is called WatershedFire and the fields (HUC, Name, TotalAcres, etc.). Note the syntax for opening and closing. When I generate a feature report, all the related records are added automagically and I get a table with multiple watersheds. 

I hope this helps! 

AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I actually found the documentation which mentions this option 🙂

GrantHoward1
New Contributor III

Hi Kimberly,
I have a related question. Is it possible to include ONLY ONE entry/record from the related table (our inspections) in the report. Ideally the latest entry. For property inspection reports we don't want the report to show the details of ALL the inspections ever completed, just the most recent and valid one.
Thanks,
Grant

Dschect
New Contributor

I imagine you could accomplish this by using ${#YourRelatedTable | orderByFields:"DateField" | resultRecordCount:1} ... ${/}

0 Kudos
Dschect
New Contributor

I found THIS video really helpful, skip to 30:30