Survey123 report not displaying attachments

02-27-2019 12:57 PM
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

I have a Survey123 form created from a feature service in ArcGIS Server with attachments enabled.  In the Survey123 website when i click on the data page I can see the data and the attachments.  However, if i create a custom template and generate a report the attachment fields are blank.  is that a function of the attachments coming from an ArcGIS Server feature service?  is there a way to get the images to show in the custom report?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dion

This is a known limitation when generating reports from an ArcGIS Enterprise feature service. When a survey response is submitted to ArcGIS Online via the Survey123 field app or web form, each image attachment is given a keyword based on its question name (i.e. as a way to associate an attachment with a particular question). The feature report template uses this keyword to reference each image. However, keywords are not yet supported in ArcGIS Server, so a feature report will not be able to retrieve images from a feature service hosted on Server.

The team is working on supporting this capability for a future release of Enterprise. I will update this thread when more info is available. For more discussion on this issue please see:

Survey123 Generate Report Error when Attachments Included 

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/07/26/introducing-custom-form-report-templates... 

Known issues—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Kind regards,

Jim

AndyLovell
New Contributor II

Hi Jim

Any update on where this item sits in the 'future updates' list?

mkuttnernpns
New Contributor II

Hi Jim,

Two and a half years later I´m facing the very same issue that the photos that are taken in conjunction with survey form entries can´t be displayed when downloading corresponding survey-reports. Is there any solution to fix or circumvent this issue?

Citing: "The team is working on supporting this capability for a future release of Enterprise."

Background: I rebuilt older versions of different surveys (which are called via field maps (using "link to Survey" Buttons) after having set a certain point) in the manner that only feature services that are located in a SQL-DB and referenced on Portal have to be utilized to create associated Surveys due to our data policies. Our mission is not to use any hosted Services in our GIS-routines at all.

Thank you, kind regards, Michael