Survey123 Edit a submission

Jump to solution
03-28-2022 11:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

We are using Enterprise 10.9.1.  Regarding Survey123 app, it has been a while since I have used it, but I thought if you SENT a survey, you could still edit it or is that only if its in outbox or drafts.

Thank you,

Annette

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, @Anonymous User,  I found this to be the case with us as well. I haven't tested it on android, so I'm not sure if it's the same on that, but editing a sent survey isn't possible on iOS anymore. I had them log a bug for this so I am hoping this gets fixed soon. This only happens if you created the survey with the web designer. If the survey was created with connect, everything still works fine. 

BUG-000147370

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think it may be a 3.14 thing.  I noticed that all of a sudden all editing is turned off on new forms now.  No idea why anyone would want that and it has become a pain to have to go change it all the time.  I have not found a way to change it for good yet but I have not looked much.

On the service for the form

DougBrowning_1-1648492732499.png

Hopefully that helps

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right? That was the first thing I checked and all is good. Still only works on desktop not the iPhone. If I use Connect, rather than the web, if I remember correctly from there on out I have to use Connect, right? I don't know it that well. 

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

I think you may be right. I don't use connect at all. It's becoming more and more on an issue though. Our users are frustrated at not being able to edit their own surveys. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to clarify that it works on the desktop but not on the iPhone.

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Hey, @Anonymous User,  I found this to be the case with us as well. I haven't tested it on android, so I'm not sure if it's the same on that, but editing a sent survey isn't possible on iOS anymore. I had them log a bug for this so I am hoping this gets fixed soon. This only happens if you created the survey with the web designer. If the survey was created with connect, everything still works fine. 

BUG-000147370

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I also noticed 3.14 is now defaulting to allow sent editing to off.  Check that.  Of course should be all devices but maybe.  In Connect then Options. 

Edit yep this one got me today.  Did the defaults change on us?  Have not noticed this until now.  Maybe 123 can add here.

DougBrowning_0-1648577188535.png

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Is this menu in the app or in the web designer?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Connect, not sure on web.

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Unfortuntaley, the web designer doesn't have that setting. From what I understand from the tech we dealt with, connect is still working as intended.