Survey123 Attach Photos from Gallery Limit

03-16-2020 10:46 AM
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,
I have a field worker with an iPhone 7. He is not able to add photos into a survey from his gallery. I know there is a known bug on the iPhone 6 that's related to this. Does anyone if there is a limit on photos stored on an iPhone 7 and not being able to attach from the photo gallery? The worker stated that he has 1648 photos and 307 short videos on the device. 

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam,

Is this only happened with iPhone7? Any error occurred when attaching photos are not working? 1648 photos should not be a problem though. 

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shwu-jing,

I'm not sure if it's only happening with the iPhone 7. There isn't an error per se, it just looks like nothing happens when you choose the photo you want to attach. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

What iOS is the device running on?

We do have an existing issue with iPhone6 iOS 10.3.2/10.3.3.

However, user either encountered the lag time or freezed though.

Could you have the same user try another survey with image question to see if the issue can be reproduced with any survey?

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

I can double check with him. It may be a bit more challenging because our GIS team is working from home now but I will reach out and see if he can provide me the information and do a test on a different survey. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Shwu-jing,

I reached out to the field worker. He said he was able to pull a photo in from his gallery using a different survey. His iOS version is 13.3.1. Given this information, it seems like it's an issue with that particular survey on that particular device.

0 Kudos