Survey Thumbnail

09-20-2019 12:39 AM
EricArmitage
New Contributor II

How do I add a survey thumbnail in Connect?  I can preview it under the settings - general tab but when I publish the survey it goes back to the default.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Does the issue happen with other surveys you have with the same account?

I'd suggest to contact Tech Support to log an issue so that they can troubleshoot it with you to narrow down the actual problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Eric,

Have you tried the following -

Within an image editor or capture program open the thumbnail you want to use.

Open up Connect

Tap on "Files" - note the path to your survey folder

Close out of Connect

Within the image editor/capture program complete a "Save As" and navigate to this folder

Click on the "Site Evaluator.png" file and specify that you want the file to be a "png" formatted image and click "Save".

This should overwrite the existing thumbnail with the new one.

Open Connect and see if the thumbnail is present on the main dialog of Connect.

That has worked for me in the past and since you are using AGO, then you also want to make sure that your thumbnail is on a small canvas like Philip suggested. I have had to use ArcMap with a data frame that has the image loaded into it, then switch over to the layout view, make the data frame size to 1" by 2" window and zoomed to the image (you might have to zoom into and out with the layout tool to get the desired sharpness of the image), then I would use the MS Snippet Tool to capture the image and save it directly to the Survey folder overwriting the Survey's existing "png" file.

I have attached an image that has three different images in 3 different data frames that I used to create this from ArcMap. I use this for our Field survey that allows our biologist to track endangered bats that they have installed a small radio tracking tag to.

Good Luck!

Mike

0 Kudos