String Binary data will be truncated error when using a Summary table

Jump to solution
01-30-2023 08:14 AM
DiegoBrenes1
New Contributor III

Hello, I've seen some posts related to this topic, but didn't find one with a specific issue related to a summary table:

- I have an existing published survey and I created a summary table using HTML tags, for the users to be able to see a summary of what they have entered.

DiegoBrenes1_4-1675094523953.jpeg

For this, I used a solution posted elsewhere in this forum, as shown here:

DiegoBrenes1_1-1675094155776.jpeg

DiegoBrenes1_0-1675094107574.jpeg

I get the String Binary data will be truncated error when I enter more than 2 items on the repeat question (sometimes the users need to enter many items in this repeat).  I am guessing that it is the length of the summary table content what is creating the issue.  

DiegoBrenes1_2-1675094188401.jpeg

I tried changing the bind::esri:fieldLength in the note field, but I get the following error when republishing the survey (this is a an existing surver):

DiegoBrenes1_3-1675094451313.jpeg

Any ideas for what is causing this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks,

Diego

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you do not need the field in the final data service you can set the bind esri field type to null and it will not send it up.

If you need it up then it is going to need to wipe the service to make that change.  Just the way schema changes are.  

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you do not need the field in the final data service you can set the bind esri field type to null and it will not send it up.

If you need it up then it is going to need to wipe the service to make that change.  Just the way schema changes are.  

Hope that helps

DiegoBrenes1
New Contributor III

Thank you Doug. That worked! I added null to bind:esri:fieldType on the note and the two calculate fields and that solved the issue.

Regards, Diego