Spaces in my Report are turning into "%20"

Jump to solution
01-20-2023 07:25 AM
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

My field users are encountering a change in the generate reports function of Survey123 (non-connect survey). Normally in the report there is a type of survey question. Eg an example answer is "First Review". Since yesterday they are now coming up as "First%20Review" in the generated PDF reports. The data still shows "First Review" but attempts at generating sample or actual reports and trying to remove and reupload the template haven't changed anything, the selected answers are still having spaces changed to the %20 space. This is happening to likert choices, multiple choices, some text answers for comment requests, and drop-down options. We are on version 3.16 and can recreate it on multiple devices even with republishing the report template word document. In the automated aspect of the report generation I know I've seen similar occurrences elsewhere but this one is stumping me.

Thanks,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox 

I can't recreate with a test survey I published with a likert, text and multi-choice question.

If you republish the survey does the issue still occur? If it does, if you make a dummy survey like I did does the same issue occur for you?

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox 

I can't recreate with a test survey I published with a likert, text and multi-choice question.

If you republish the survey does the issue still occur? If it does, if you make a dummy survey like I did does the same issue occur for you?

Thanks

GIS_Fox

Hi @Richard_Purkis , 

Thank you for the suggestion. It took 3 re-publishes before I could get the edits to commit but it appears to have resolved the spaces=%20 issue for me with sample reports. I am still working with field users to make sure everyone has the correction as well but so far it is acting correctly now.

Best,

GIS_Fox

Hi @Richard_Purkis I heard from field users and the changes have committed and %20 is now a normal space again. The last edit made to the survey was five months ago. I've left surveys working fine for over a year. Is there something I can do to prevent these little bugs from coming up again regularly if this isn't a one-time instance?

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox 

I sorry to hear the issue has reoccurred. They only time I've seen a similar issue before was at a previous version of Survey123 Connect and republishing resolved the issue. It seems survey specific it if it is not happening for me or some of your other surveys. My only recommendation is to work with Tech Support who may be able to get assistance from the back end team to isolate the issue further.

Hope this helps

GIS_Fox

HI @Richard_Purkis , sounds good. It's been since a previous version that something like this had happened before. Right now all my surveys appear to be working nominally without error or unwanted characters populating into the answers with a manual republishing. If republishing doesn't resolve it if it comes up again I'll reach out to tech support and try a more creative approach. Might be as simple as reworking or rewriting the questions affected but I'll hold onto that idea as a just in case if %20 comes back.

Thanks again, best regards,

0 Kudos