Survey123 select or calculate active

01-23-2023 08:08 AM
stormec
New Contributor II

Hi, I have developed a Survey123 survey, in connect. I am using an external csv file and pulldata  function to generate my selections, the files are attached. This is for construction sites within our city's MS4 stormwater responsibility. What I would like to do is create an active yes/no question within my project csv to update the survey. The point would be to only show selections that are currently active. As construction projects complete, they could be changed to active no, and no longer be visible within the selection drop down. However, I am not finding any tutorials or information on this type of action. I am not that savvy to solve this on my own. if I am going about this all wrong, please let me know, and the way to resolve it. Thanks, in advance! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You could also go simple and just use the relevant or body::esri::visible columns.

A simple selected(${name},'yes') would do the trick in either of these columns would do the trick.

Edit, In this case, the reverse may be more helpful: not(selected(${name},'no'))

0 Kudos
stormec
New Contributor II

Thanks for the responses. Based on the structure of the survey search() didn't seem to be an additive option. I tried adding the prompt, but had same results, as without. Unfortunately, there is no selection to use as precursor answer for relevance, as I understand it.

Solved. It is not beautiful, but I created an additional sheet in the csv file. Then, I manually move the information to that sheet when a project is completed. Save and update on ArcGIS online. This removes the choice from the drop-down menu and maintains the rest of the programming. Analogous to adding a new site. Thanks, again!

0 Kudos