Select Parcel (Polygon) in Linked Map & Pull Data

04-01-2021 07:55 AM
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Building a survey for data collection of blighted properties. The request is that the surveyor be able to select a parcel on the map - then have the parcel ID, street address and property values be auto-populated from the parcel data into the survey. 

It is from my understanding that geoshape does not accomplish the first part of the issue, which is the selection of the polygon. Is there a way to accomplish this that is already built into Survey123? 

Apologies if this is documented some where obvious and I have overlooked it. 

(additional issue is that my map continues to load from Redlands, CA vs the set extent. any tip on this would also be appreciated!)

Cheers,

Jessica Thompson

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson

I meant to mention this. I am working in Survey123 Connect 3.11.123. I can also move to online, but I prefer connect for some of the customization I have done. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@JessicaJThompson 

Here is the setting to change the default map location

RickeyFight_0-1617290335984.png

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson

Thank you! I am looking through the links you have provided! Appreciate you taking the time to share the information with me. 

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I don't think the maps support pop-ups or what you are trying to do which is in effect the same as using Collector or Field Maps with a url link to prepopulate data in a survey.

I would incorporate Field Maps into your solution for that function.

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson

Thank you TL2. I do appreciate the time you took to read my issue and make a suggestion. I will look into it. 

0 Kudos