Select_one value doesn't populate when editing an existing survey

03-28-2022 08:38 AM
LYELLCS
New Contributor II

I have a required field in my survey that is populated using a select one question and some logic that allows a user to enter a value if the correct value is not in the choice list. When someone goes into the survey to edit the record the existing value doesn't populate, so the user has to re-enter the information. I have tried setting the default value as the field value and also tried to set the value using the calculate field with calculationMode=always, but neither approach works. I thought the problem might be a field type mis-match, so I added a field to just view the existing value, and tried both the default and calculation methods, but that doesn't work either.  I'm sure there's some simple fix for this, but I just don't see it. My code is attached. 

I'm using Survey123 Connect version 3.13.234 and the XLS Form Template - Advanced; version 3.13 rev date 25 August 2021.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DembaEstadual
New Contributor II

I identified an issue where Survey123 was not aware of the change in values in a select_one field and consequently did not send the data update request to the ArcGIS Online server.
Would you be able to validate if the same occurs with your form?

See the post with the description of my problem:
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/related-table-does-not-update-field-quot-se...

0 Kudos
LYELLCS
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if you have the same problem, but maybe so. Your calculation for the -1 option calls a select one result as part of a logical test: 

if(${Cand_Aliado} = 0 and ${Cand_Resultado} != -1, ${Cand_Votos}, 0)

If you have the same problem as I do (ie a value is not pulled in for Cand_Resultado), the logical test might not evaluate correctly, and you would return the result of 0 rather than the desired Cand_Votos.

0 Kudos