Search() compatible w/ dynamic-grid?

06-08-2022 01:20 PM
Aguirre_WOG
New Contributor II

Does search() not render properly using a dynamic-grid setting?  I've got a functional search() setup that is working great now but when I try to implement it as a repeater into my form it is not spanning across the width I tell it to.  The data type for this is select_one.

I'm using a second repeater to collect text info and it works great.  I threw in a second text repeater just below the functional one and found it to be fine as well.  When I test this same search() outside of the grid system it works well.  This makes me think there is some kind of compatibility issue going on but I have not been able to find documentation on this.  

Any info?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Aguirre_WOG

Select_one questions with the search() appearance should work using the dynamic-grid setting in a repeat. Here is a modified version of the search() sample we have in Connect with dynamic-grid. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Aguirre_WOG
New Contributor II

Hey Zachary, thanks for getting back with me.  It makes sense but I am not able to get this to function as needed.  I'm using two repeaters - one for "contacts" and the other for "firs numbers".  The contacts repeater works like a charm but the firs repeater--which uses search() will not display properly in the field app.  I've attached the file for you to take a look (rows 38-40).  In addition, I've played with the widths quite a bit but cannot get it to respond as needed.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Aguirre_WOG
New Contributor II

I've continued playing with this and have found that I can appropriately view the search appearance values when I modify the setting to pages and apply field-list.   Fixed-grid, dynamic-grid, pages fixed-grid and pages dynamic-grid give the same problem...The only style within settings that is working with this is "pages". 

0 Kudos