pulldata() function from CSV, doesn't works

Jump to solution
10-15-2021 07:18 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

We tried to use pulldata function in order to extract information from CSV into a survey, however this function does'nt works. 

Survey is too simple, we need some fields has populate when we select a name from a list. That's all. 

We try to replicate an example from web and neither doesn't works.

Maybe somebody knows what happen?.

Thanks a lot.

CMT (Technical Monitoring Centre)

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi

You have done everything correctly except that your CSV file has semi-colons (;) instead of commas (,) in.

Replace the ; with , in your file and it will work.

View solution in original post

AllisonHollier
New Contributor III

The problem isn't your syntax, it's your spreadsheet.  I believe it has to do with parsed data to columns.  Or at least, it worked when I did it.  See attached.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi

You have done everything correctly except that your CSV file has semi-colons (;) instead of commas (,) in.

Replace the ; with , in your file and it will work.

AllisonHollier
New Contributor III

See, and I always avoid commas at all costs.  LOL  Different workstyles!  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deon, your're absoutely right.

My CSV has semi-colons (;) instead comma (,), I didn't realized that detail. I'm sure that's about regional configuration.

Thanks a lot. 

CMT

0 Kudos
AllisonHollier
New Contributor III

The problem isn't your syntax, it's your spreadsheet.  I believe it has to do with parsed data to columns.  Or at least, it worked when I did it.  See attached.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Allison, thanks for your time. 

Your're absoutely right too, I had problems with regional configuration so CSV file was saved incorrectly. I replaced CSV file on the media folder and it works perfectly.

Thanks!

🙂

CMT