Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing from 123 Connect creates hosted table, not feature layer

06-12-2024 04:58 PM
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hello:

I created a copy of an existing (working!) survey in 123 Connect and made some modifications requested by users.  I published to my AGOL account with no errors, but I only have a hosted table with the survey name, not a feature layer.  I do have a geopoint question set to null in the survey.

I was able to download the survey to a device and create a record, but when trying to send/upload...the app hangs on "Getting Service Information" and does not upload the record.

Seems like I need a feature layer as in all my previous surveys to make this new survey work.  I am not sure why I got "hosted table" when I published this time.  My changes were small, moving one field, adding a photo field, and adding a couple items to choices list.

Any help on why this is happening or if I need to do something to convert to a feature layer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vicki

0 Kudos
11 Replies
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Sure, here are the two versions:

The 28Feb24 is the original survey, still working through AGOL, with feature layer,  I haven't republished or updated this survey since early March...terrified it will break! 😉

The modified one is the Jun2024, I added an observer, moved the "Time RS Seen" question down in the table and added a photo question near the end.

My work flow was in S123 Connect, "create new survey from file", pulled in the Back28Feb, renamed, made the changes in the xslx form, copied media files from old folder, set the options to the screenshot and tried to publish.  

Don't be too horrified at the survey set-up, I'm sure it is not very elegant.  I had to modify a legacy survey to S123Connect, knowing nothing about S123 Connect!  I'm surprised it ever worked at all! 😉

Thanks so much for your help!

Vicki

p.s. I asked our IT person to put a ticket in with ESRI on this as well...hope they have an answer! 

0 Kudos
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hello again, 

Just to follow up on this...I did correct the issue, but still not really sure why it happened in the first place.  I think the template for S123Connect I was using was somehow corrupted along the way.  Today I went back and found a template Version 3.16, known working (publishing Feature Layer, not hosted table).

I created a new survey from that xslx file in the "New Survey" workflow within S123C, no changes in questions, published fine to Feature Layer.  I tried again from the beginning, New Survey, same template, made changes, published fine to FL.  Next iteration was to make New Survey, no changes, update XLS template to 3.19, publish, all OK...made a FL.  Last iteration was make New Survey from 3.16 template version, make changes, update to 3.19, save, and publish.  Success!

I did have a phone call with ESRI support as well, we stepped through the workflow from my last iteration, same successful result.  They didn't really have a definitive answer either.

So I guess the take away here is hang on to your old working survey template in a file somewhere! 

Thanks again for all the suggestions.  The help from this message board is the only reason I haven't run screaming from the office on many days! 🙂

0 Kudos