Problem exporting data to excel in Survey123 Web (Enterprise/Portal)

03-22-2022 02:29 AM
mgrieta
New Contributor II

Hi All, I configured my survey form (2021 CSS CO Internal) in Survey123 Connect and published it in my Enterprise/Portal. I am using Survey123 web to export my data to excel but it does not continue downloading even in simple form however when exporting my data in CSV format, it continues to download.

The other form (2021 CSS FO Internal) does not proceed in both (xlsx and CSV) format.

Is there any problems or bugs exporting data to excel in Enterprise/Portal environment?

I attached my forms for your reference. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. This issue could be potentially caused by ArcGIS Enterprise. Please try this:

• Go to the item details page of your survey's layer
  • Export your layer

If the export fails in the portal, the problem is in ArcGIS Enterprise. If it works, then the problem is caused by the Survey123 website.

0 Kudos
mgrieta
New Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite. I tried the workaround you said but I encountered error "Failed to execute (Export Service)" and I noticed that in my content (folder) there's a file converted to excel but when I open it Microsoft Excel warning popup "Excel cannot open the file because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file". Please see the attached images for the error and warning. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@mgrieta ,

The second screenshot Failed to execute.png indicates that this error actually exists in the Enterprise/Portal, the Survey123 website only utilizes the same export approach in Enterprise.

If you can export other formats such as File GeoDatabase, you may need another conversion from GDB to .xlsx as a workaround.

Since this issue may only occur in a specific version of Enterprise, can you please raise a ticket to Esri Support Service?

0 Kudos
mgrieta
New Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite and @ZhifangWang . Thank you for considering my another concern.

I am trying to publish my survey form (AGOL CSS FO Internal.xlsx) in ArcGIS Online and I am getting the error "Unable to add feature service definition, code: 400". I checked the possible solution here https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000020640 and I have already tried applying the solution found on this link but I cannot find any duplicate rows in the name column. What else could be causing this issue?

I attached the forms and screenshot of the error for your reference. Thank you.

0 Kudos
mgrieta
New Contributor II

Hi everyone. As per my last post regarding the problem on Exporting data to excel in Survey123 Web in enterprise/portal environment, I encountered an error saying, "Unable to add feature service definition, code: 400" when I published the form in AGOL. I already checked and tried any possible solution stated in this link https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000020640 but still cannot find any solution. I would like to ask if anyone here has the same case as me. If you do, kindly share any tips on how to address this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos