Phantom Page in Survey drop down tree

Jump to solution
12-28-2021 04:28 PM
AshleyPattersonTheMapNERD
New Contributor III

What in the world am I missing?  How is it even possible for drop downs to land on a phantom page in my Survey?

This is driving me bananas y'all and I BET it is going to be something obvious.

If so , please feel free to tease me about it. No seriously, it will probably make me feel better.

The issue is- I am getting taken to extra pages for some of my drop down If/Then's and they do not exist anywhere else in my design platform. Phantom page but one of the redirects works perfectly. How is this even possible?

Background-

I am charged with designing a smart form to be used for our GIS requests. I have big goals but my skillset is still in the development stage. 

Eventually, my goal is to host my Survey form and insert web hooks to alert the proper channels of new requests. I would love to integrate some other interfaces to my form like automated project management.

My dreams of automating a system that could hook into calendars and all kinds of bells and whistles is still under construction but for now, I am using Survey 1,2,3 If/Then trees to streamline the request form and get details from clients without being too overwhelming.

Because this survey is not yet hosted (I am waiting on the green light to take it live) I do not have the full capabilities of attempting other integration techniques so I am focusing on a clean, simple form that can help the end user make choices that will give us details on the specific needs and scope of the request.

The issue comes inside the If/Then drop down redirects for the request Type- 

Choices and redirects are supposed to be

Map = question 13

Data = question 18

Support= question 18

Other = question 18  Like this-

Survery 123 issue.JPG

But the branches other than "Map" are giving me a phantom page 5 of 6.....

They all eventually make it to the correct page (Question18 on page 5) but first a pit stop in some random page 5 of 6 which is not in the design anywhere.

It doesn't even say anything but Back and Next - 

Survery 123 issue drop down extra pages.JPG

( Phantom Page of supreme irritation )

If you click "Next" it will kindly take you to the designated route- question 18- page 5 the "Thank you" page that was intended.

Here you can even see the branches listed (question 11=  18 Page 5 of 5)

There isn't even a page six!?

Survery 123 issue drop down extra pages are not in the toc.JPG

If you made it this far- THANK YOU.

Please feel free to humble me with the obvious answer.

Super grateful for your thoughts,

Ashley the Map Nerd

The Map NERD
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Aww, no problem at all. 🙂   Honestly, I think you nailed the solution on the head...just try making a brand new form from scratch with the same "final" schema you've arrived at now. Hopefully that will be enough to clear out the issue.

If you still get weird results...I'll just be biased and say give Survey123 Connect a try 😉  haha!

Good luck!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

So, I have way more experience designing surveys in Survey123 Connect rather than the web form, but I'll try helping anyway unless someone else comes along who knows exactly what's happening.  🙂

Did you at one point have an extra page or question that you then deleted? Or are there any other dependent questions in the survey? I wonder if it's as simple as needing to be refreshed.  

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for your thoughts.

I did not (that I recall) have any former pages that were deleted but this has been something that I have touched off and on so entirely possible that could be the case! I will be sure to let you know if I find out.

I was wondering if maybe I should try to just make a brand new form in case. I have had a lot of iterations in the process of simplification. Goodness, making things simple is actually pretty difficult. 

Pondering out loud {I wonder if I can copy and paste my items so I don't have to start from scratch- then again if I do that I might carry the issue over?}

I don't have any other dependent questions in the Survey but that is a great thought. 

Thank you SO much for brain storming with me.

I want to nail this so badly and am just itching to get the skillset to accomplish all my lofty goals and then something like this just comes out of left field to drives me bananas lol.

If you think of anything else I am all ears and I will be sure to let you know how it all shakes out.

And, Thank you again @Katie_Clark it is so nice of you to take your time to help me out!

The Map NERD
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Aww, no problem at all. 🙂   Honestly, I think you nailed the solution on the head...just try making a brand new form from scratch with the same "final" schema you've arrived at now. Hopefully that will be enough to clear out the issue.

If you still get weird results...I'll just be biased and say give Survey123 Connect a try 😉  haha!

Good luck!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
New Contributor III

@Katie_Clark I am pretty sure you are, like, my best friend now LOL 

I had to pause the work for tornado efforts but I am back to it this week (Unless something else comes up) and I will be following your guidance - to the T. I will be sure to let you know that I am successful thanks to your good deeds and we can virtual high five!

Thanks bestie :),

The Nerd 

The Map NERD