Need help with Survey123 Connect Select Multiple - Relevant

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 04:14 PM
MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Hello, I created a survey using Survey123Connect and need some help with the Select Multiple type. 

The survey contains three multiple choice lists. If a user selects a specific choice, a question will appear below. The issue I am running into is that if multiple choices are selected and the "specific" choice is in that selection the question does not appear. 

This is one example:

When a user selects "Home Occupation" a text box appears that allows them to type in the "Type of Business". I have the relevant set to ${business_license_violation}='Home_Occupation'

But the text box does not appear when multiple selections are made. 

MayraHernandez_0-1619132804210.png

MayraHernandez_0-1619131612305.png

MayraHernandez_1-1619131639154.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KayleeRivera
Esri Contributor

Try this for your relevant statement instead: selected(${business_license_violation},'Home_Occupation')

Essentially, with select multiple your choices are combined into a comma delimited list. So selecting all three options would produce: 'Mobile_Vendor,Home_Occupation,Peddler'. So setting the relevancy statement so 'Home_Occupation' would evaluate to false. Using the select function gets around this behavior.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

MayraHernandez
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KayleeRivera
Esri Contributor

Try this for your relevant statement instead: selected(${business_license_violation},'Home_Occupation')

Essentially, with select multiple your choices are combined into a comma delimited list. So selecting all three options would produce: 'Mobile_Vendor,Home_Occupation,Peddler'. So setting the relevancy statement so 'Home_Occupation' would evaluate to false. Using the select function gets around this behavior.

Hope this helps!

MayraHernandez
New Contributor III

Thank you @KayleeRivera, that worked!

0 Kudos
MartinsonSmart
New Contributor II

Thank you so much @KayleeRivera . That just saved me lots of time

0 Kudos