Survey123 critical error when publish from connect to portal for ArcGIS

08-23-2022 03:51 AM
Hanine_Serhan
New Contributor II

Greetings,

I have a survey with 16 repeats distributed into different groups, I am trying to publish it on the portal but I am getting a confusing error message "Error 524-Critical Error". Noting that I tried to open the log files to investigate this case but I didn't find any error message else.

PS: I tried to publish it on AGOL and all works fine. The issue remains with different surveys, not in specific ones but not with connect surveys.

Please advise. 

@Richard_Purkis 

@IsmaelChivite 

5 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@Hanine_Serhan May you share the xlsx form and confirm your version of ArcGIS Enterprise

0 Kudos
Hanine_Serhan
New Contributor II

Thank you @Richard_Purkis for your responsive reply.

We're using ArcGIS enterprise 10.9.1

Files will be shared in DM

0 Kudos
MohamadFneich
New Contributor

Hello hanine,

I think the problem occurs because there is a huge number of complex repeats.

try to merge or reduce the number of repeats to be less than 12.

0 Kudos
Hanine_Serhan
New Contributor II

I don't think this is the issue, since I tried to publish the same survey to another portal-same version and it was successfully done.

noting that after looking at the survey123 documentation I didn't find any limitation on the number of repeats.

After logging the publish issue, I can see the error message is returned from addToDefinition request, when trying to enable editor tracking. 

@Richard_Purkis  please advise if there is any limitation.

thank you @MohamadFneich 

0 Kudos
MohamadFneich
New Contributor

There is no limitation at the level of repeats number but a huge number of complex repeats means that the server needs much time to create the form and because the server sends a 524 error which is a timeout error means that the server is maybe slow and can't create this complex form in a specific time.

I don't know if there is a predefined timeout duration on the survey to be created.

0 Kudos