Making the non-form background a different color

Jump to solution
11-21-2018 01:41 PM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

How do I make a Survey123 form's non-form background when open in a web browser a different color?  In the attached image is what I get when open it normally in a web browser is on the left.  I would like to do what is on the right.

non-form background color change

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David - this background can only be changed for forms that were created in the web designer. I assume this form was created using Connect?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David - this background can only be changed for forms that were created in the web designer. I assume this form was created using Connect?

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Johnathan,

That is disappointing news.  You would be correct, I indeed use Connect.  You can customize pretty much everything in Connect. Why is this functionality not available in Connect?

0 Kudos
MarilyPaipeti
Esri Contributor

Hi David Buehler,

I have just had the same question and by doing some research in the forum I found a way that works fine for the web forms. To accomplish something like this, open the <Surveyname>.info file in the survey's folder and paste the the code shown below just before the last "}":

"webformInfo": {

"themes": [

{

"isEnabled": true,

"webpage": {

"backgroundColor": "#CACACA"

}

}

]

}

This code works for v3.1 and above. You can find more info at this thread:

Viewing Survey123 form on Web-Pale blue "wrapper"? 

Since your question is a bit old, I hope that you have already found the solution, but I thought that maybe it will help others too.

Regards,

Marily

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marily,

Just to note, you can now set this style setting via the Survey123 website for all surveys - enter the Design tab and open the 'Appearance' panel.

0 Kudos
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

Using Connect, you can set the background color of a group by using backgroundColor property in the body::esri::style column (on the begin group line). The backgroundColor color is specified using either the hex color code or the standard HTML color name, e.g. backgroundColor="#eeeeee" (light gray) or backgroundColor="MistyRose" 

0 Kudos