Locking Autopopulated Field so Surveyor Can View but Not Edit

Jump to solution
05-27-2021 12:07 PM
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

(Building survey in survey123 Connect 3.11.123, to use in Survey123 mobile app, integrated with Field Maps mobile app via a custom URL to autopopulate fields and callback)

Issue:

I am trying to find a solution for a request from a client. I currently have a survey that autopopulates a few questions using a custom URL. The client does not want the surveyor to be able to edit those fields. The read only option hides the data collected for the question, while keeping the question visible. 

Ex: Both the PIN and Full Street Address get autopopulated with the custom URL. I have made the PIN read only - which has blocked the surveyor from being able to edit it, but also from viewing it. The full address was pulled in but I can still type and possible lead to data errors.

JessicaJThompson_0-1622142238416.png

Is there any way to lock these so they are seen but not editable? 

Thank you!

Cheers,

Jessica Thompson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would think read only would work.  Sometimes I have seen read only not fire calcs since it thinks nothing has changes.  T

Try making it a note type.  That is what I use for pulldata info that is for viewing.

Hope that works

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would think read only would work.  Sometimes I have seen read only not fire calcs since it thinks nothing has changes.  T

Try making it a note type.  That is what I use for pulldata info that is for viewing.

Hope that works

0 Kudos