Is there a way for users to switch base maps in the webform?

Jump to solution
08-13-2019 01:36 AM
ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

I'm probably being a bit thick, but is there way for users to switch the base map of a geopoint question on the webform?  So, for example, they can change the map themselves from World Street Map to World Imagery?  Often the former is good for finding a general location, but the latter is needed to find a more detailed location.  I can do it in the field app, but can't seem to find a way on the webform.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Colin,

There currently is not a basemap switcher in the web form.  This is planned to be addressed in a future release.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Colin,

There currently is not a basemap switcher in the web form.  This is planned to be addressed in a future release.

ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Many thanks for replying.  It's great to know it's coming in the future (and that I wasn't missing something obvious).

All the best

0 Kudos
JohnMDye
Occasional Contributor III

@Ismael or @JamesTedrick I'm seeing this hasn't been added yet. Any news on when this might be implemented? Seems like such a small and simple feature to add, though I'm sure I am glossing over a good number of complexities and that if it were simple, it would have been done.

It would be very nice to see the Map/Geopoint question have options for all of those JSAPI widget controls so that we could toggle only certain controls on/off.

Another nifty capability would be to be able to configure the question to use a specific web map.

0 Kudos