Select to view content in your preferred language

Internal server-side error - Reports

10-10-2023 08:12 AM
LucianoSantoni5
New Contributor

Good morning, I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same problem. Suddenly our Survey123 reports stopped generating with the following error: Internal server-side error.

There is a similar post from 2020, it seems to have been fixed with a patch. (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/internal-server-side-error/m-p/791415)

Is anyone having the same problem?

51 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I am not experiencing this error at this time (Enterprise, using Power Automate).

I forget what the error is when this happens, but as a potential fix, are you using one of the new Power Automate connectors? If so, those time out after 2 weeks and need to be refreshed. Just go to Connections > find your connector > click the ellipses (...) > click "Switch account" > reenter credentials

0 Kudos
Lrob23
by
New Contributor

I am experiencing this too when trying to preview sample reports.

0 Kudos
Wolpertingerjack
New Contributor

I am having the same issue.  I am relatively new to Survey123 reports, but I think I followed Ismael Chivite's webinar walkthru for creating reports and attaching to emails, (as far as I can tell,) to a tee, and when I run a test, I get the "A value must be provided for source path." error in the Upload file from URL step, which Ismael says in a thread, is an indication there must be an error in the Create Report step.  Opening up the Output>Body I see  Message: Internal server side error

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are you able to generate a report from the S123 website successfully?

After you confirm that, what automation process are you using to generate a report?

I am using Power Automate, and I am receiving no errors/issues with report generation.

0 Kudos
nnolasco
Occasional Contributor

It happens from the Survey123 Website as well.  I do have an open ticket with them and did a screen share with an Analyst yesterday.  Nothing looked off on our system, and given the issue is affecting other Orgs as well is an indicator it is on the ESRI side of things.   I am only getting this from surveys within Enterprise/Portal.

tbearb
by
Regular Contributor

I just created a ticket with Esri support as well. We're currently experiencing the same issue when attempting to generate a report. Hopefully we get an answer soon.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Still working fine on my end (I would expect an update to hit me by now).

Since the issue happens directly from the S123 website, we can assume it's an Enterprise or Esri issue and nothing to do with your flow's configuration.

• Can you access the Data page in Portal?
  • Can you generate reports through the Beta S123 Website (and if not, do you get a different error)?
  • Have you tried restarting Portal yet?
  • This happened a few weeks ago now, but a Node update on Esri's end changed how Headers were parsed from IIS. Maybe it was slow to roll out in different regions. Have you checked IIS settings? A little convoluted, but open IIS > Server > Default Website > HTTPS Response Headers (double click) > Strict-Transport-Security (double click) > inspect the entry and ensure no extra characters (e.g., spaces at the end of the string) are present.
    abureaux_0-1726065718361.png

0 Kudos
Nicholas1441
Emerging Contributor

Having the same server-side error on all of my Surveys, regardless of whether a repeat is present or not. Please advise!

nnolasco
Occasional Contributor

Same here in the City of Virginia Beach.  This is occuring on Surveys hosted on Enterprise I do not get the issue on those in AGOL.  

nnolasco_0-1725994800675.png