Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Keeps Creating Records

Wednesday
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I had a weird thing happen with a Survey123 submission: I'm testing out a a survey and when I hit the submit button, the icon just sat there and spun for an unusually long time. I went into the hosted layer data tab and found that over 10,000 records had been created. the submission was still spinning and when I refreshed the data tab on the hosted layer, I found that the count was still going up!

ZachBodenner_0-1724858705804.png

Letting the survey submit for about a minute resulted in 20k records. It wasn't a one-off, I tested again and the same thing happened. 

I had previously constructed this survey for a referenced feature service where it behaved as expected. I created a hosted layer and basically copied the construction of the survey from the referenced to the hosted .xlsx.

Has anyone ever seen this before? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh man, a blast from the past. This happened to us once, too. I don't remember how the issue was resolved, though... Do you see anything helpful in the Network tab of your browser's developer tools? (Assuming you are submitting from the web form.)

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, just a rapid succession of applyEdits:

ZachBodenner_0-1724862568098.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Oh wow. Haven't seen this yet. Curious what the resolution will be though.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Something bizarre is going on with webforms with geopoints. Getting thousands of requests like you are showing. But only if a geopoint question is present. Not an issue in the field app either.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

That seems like S123's bread and butter. I'm surprised there aren't so many more people reporting it. I think I'll go ahead and log an ESRI ticket and keep this thread updated.