Select to view content in your preferred language

Images on Survey123 Form choice list not showing up when integrated in Field Maps

Jump to solution
04-05-2024 08:36 AM
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Hello - I have several Survey123 Forms integrated into Field Maps. The Survey123 Connect forms have images associated with choice list dropdowns (using media::image column in the survey) and the images are stored in the media file of the survey123 form.  The images show up in Survey123 if I am using Survey123 on its own, but when I add images to choice lists in Survey123 forms integrated into Field Maps, the images do not show up in the choice lists of the questions.  Are these images not compatible in Field Maps? Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correct the media folder does not follow to a new survey when creating from file. (not sure why really)  Simply copy the files from the old form media folder to the new one.  Then refresh the form, then publish.

The folders are in

C:\Users\username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs

Also note the images in the media folder are case sensitive.  So if the media folder is someimage.JPG and your form is someimage.jpg it will not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean use a launch link that opens 123 from Field Maps?  That should work. 

Or are you all inside Field Maps and not using 123 app at all?  That for sure will not work.  Totally different forms in Field Maps and it does not read 123 forms at all.  You can see the data but its just the raw data no form element at all.

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

I am using a URL link to open the Survey123 form from Field Maps.

I notice though that my images in my media file don't stay in the file when I create a new survey (w/a new name from an existing file) when I need to update the survey and republish it.   When I go to the new published survey, the media file is empty in the new survey folder.   I was taught to be able publish changes to a survey I needed to create a new survey from the file of my existing survey. If I republish the existing survey, the changes won't appear which I have found to be the case.  When I create a new survey created from an existing file I notice the new folder with the new survey does not contain my media images. How do I transfer media images from one published survey folder to another survey when I publish a new survey to update changes?  I am using my own feature service when creating surveys. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correct the media folder does not follow to a new survey when creating from file. (not sure why really)  Simply copy the files from the old form media folder to the new one.  Then refresh the form, then publish.

The folders are in

C:\Users\username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs

Also note the images in the media folder are case sensitive.  So if the media folder is someimage.JPG and your form is someimage.jpg it will not work.

0 Kudos
ChristineTombleson1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!!!!  I was adding the media folder after I published.  I followed your directions and saved the media folder after the creation of the new survey, updated and then published and it worked!  Thank you so much!!!!!  You have made my day getting this to work!