Image size keep resetting itself to 1280?

11-14-2019 02:16 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have several photo forms that I set to Unrestricted back in June.  Someone noticed just ok photos so i looked and it had set itself back to 1280 again.  So I changed it to Unrestricted a second time.

Just got done with field season.  Looking at images and they are small.  Check the settings of the form and yet again it set itself back to 1280!  I know for sure they were set to Unrestricted at least twice.  I now have a lot of rather angry field users.

Anyone else seeing the image setting changing back?  Could this happen during updates to Connect maybe?

I am guessing there is nothing I can do about it now?  1280 pics are pretty useless so it would be nice to default to Unrestricted.

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Has the survey be downloaded and republished on different computers over that time? Is it possible it was re-published from another computer without being re-downloaded first, meaning the settings would not have been refreshed before updating the form item again?

I just tested opening and republishing a survey version I set in an old version to unrestricted, and then opening in a newer version, the setting is still unrestricted, and then publishing again and opening in a even new version. Each time the unrestricted image size setting is kept.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No I just have the one computer.  This form has not really been touched this year.  I have had several beta versions installed over the summer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you re-publish the survey with those beta versions, if so do you know what exact versions?

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Would have been 3.5 and 3.6.  I installed most of those and the betas.

thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is possible that the settings file or survey info files for those surveys got out of sync or changes in the beta releases and the way the settings files are configured had some affect on the surveys when republished which meant they needed to be set specifically again, especially if those changes were part of what we were working on before the final release.

As always, it is best practice not to test the beta versions on your production surveys and data, and only use the release versions for production surveys and data, and use backup or testing surveys for testing the beta releases.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for looking Phil.  I only did it during the year due to the bugs in 3.4 putting in a non working state.  3.4 really hurt us.

0 Kudos