How to inherit location from one GeoPoint to another?

Jump to solution
04-13-2017 02:50 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

i'm creating a survey with a repeating section and i want it to be created as a related point feature rather than a related table.

i have managed to get this bit to work by just adding another GeoPoint into the repeating section, but i also want it to default it to the same location as the main GeoPoint , i have tried adding a calculation to the second GeoPoint pulling the xy from the first but it doesn't seam to work the point just stays at 0,0

my calculation against the second geopoint is as follows where [GeoLoc] is the first geopoint

pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "x") + " " + pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "Y")

i also added in an X & Y field into the repeat section using the pulldata and it populates matching that of the main point

has anyone else managed to get this to work?

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StuartMoore

figured it out, my calculation was wrong (had the x & y the wrong way around)

pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "y")+" "+pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "x")

View solution in original post

4 Replies
StuartMoore

figured it out, my calculation was wrong (had the x & y the wrong way around)

pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "y")+" "+pulldata("@geopoint", ${GeoLoc}, "x")

JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

This seems to still work correctly in Survey123 Classic (2.9.5), but we're now having issues getting this to work in 3.0.149. I can pull the x and y and concatenate to a text field and the text updates in the repeat that is inheriting the location, but the geopoint in the repeat doesn't update now. Has anybody gotten this to work in 3.0.149? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

There is an issue with repeat calculations that may be affecting your form.  Can you share the XLS file?

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for taking a look. I've attached the xls file. Let me know if you need any more info. 

We originally had the geopoint hidden (using relevant clause) in the nested repeat, but that didn't work at all. Our workaround was to make it visible and the field surveyors are just hitting the refresh button to inherit the location. That way they only have to record the location once since stations and the A and B traps essentially have the same location.

Jimmy

0 Kudos