Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create 2 surveys with one hosted feature layer in S123

Jump to solution
08-23-2024 04:37 PM
Daniel_Quinn
New Contributor

I created a survey in S123 (Survey A) and published it, creating the corresponding hosted feature layer. I need to create, copy, or clone a second survey in S123 (Survey B) to contribute to the same hosted feature layer as the first survey (Survey A) without using Survey123 Connect. Survey B would have the same questions/schema. I know this would be easy to accomplish using S123 Connect, but the ideal outcome for this situation would not involve S123 Connect. I appreciate any thoughts or ideas that could help address this issue. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't tried this, but the ArcGIS API for Python has a function called clone_items() which will let you create clones of some types of ArcGIS Online content.  If you used that function against your form, you might get an identical clone that writes to the same hosted feature layer.

It might also clone the underlying hosted feature layer (in which case this won't work for you), but I don't think so.

Edit to add - clone_items() is usually used to copy content from one AGOL org to another but I think you can clone within a single org as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't tried this, but the ArcGIS API for Python has a function called clone_items() which will let you create clones of some types of ArcGIS Online content.  If you used that function against your form, you might get an identical clone that writes to the same hosted feature layer.

It might also clone the underlying hosted feature layer (in which case this won't work for you), but I don't think so.

Edit to add - clone_items() is usually used to copy content from one AGOL org to another but I think you can clone within a single org as well.

0 Kudos