Select to view content in your preferred language

Add new data from 1 or more tablets into existing data

08-21-2024 12:20 AM
Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi ArcGIS Survey 123 Users,

I've created and published a 10-page Survey with the intention of having more than one Tablets/users filling-in and later send the data to my ArcGIS Online Content.

The situation:

I filled-in the First page of the survey and uploaded. Then I Downloaded the Survey into several Tablets and tasked several people to fill-in the remain pages and uploaded the survey so that the new data are add to the existing ones.  

The Problem:

The problem is; data uploaded by earlier Tablets/users will be erased/deleted by recent/latest upload tablets/users. 

Possible Workflow? 

Is there a possible workflow I can use to solve this problem? By the way this is off line editing

Thanks for your comments

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We do something similar so that multiple people can fill out different sections.  We do this by having a parent with the prefilled info on the site.  Then instead of a 10 page form we have 10 forms that are all related back to the parent.  Launch links from field maps sends the master parent key to each child form so they all related back together.  Works well for us.

I have a full write up here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/mapping-with-survey123-within-a-polygon-or-...

Hope that helps

Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

hi Doug,

Thanks for your help and suggestion

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have a process which uses a combination of Inbox filtering and multiple surveys:

1. One user collects data and submits the form
  2. An automate moves the data to a new survey
  3. An office worker fills in report details and submits
  4. Using Inbox filtering, report reviewers can make edits to data and either send "forward" into a web map or "backwards" to the writer.

All that really matters is that multiple people aren't trying to edit the same layer at the same time. S123 is designed for "Offline" use.

0 Kudos
Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

hi Abureaux,

Thanks for your suggestion

0 Kudos