Help labeling

Jump to solution
09-21-2021 11:01 AM
MattWeeber
New Contributor

I have a survey wherein a user selects their personal "Surveyor ID" from a select_one list of possible surveyor ID's (e.g. 13 - surveyor name) as well as the survey date.  Further down the form I have a text question wherein the surveyor can record the presence of a fish nest (i.e. a redd).  This is done by assigning a number to the redd.  Our typical protocol for assigning numbers is to use your personal Surveyor ID plus a six digit date and then a two digit number.  For example, if I was conducting a survey today and I observed a redd I would assign the first redd I observe with the following value: 13-092121-01.  The second redd would be: 13-092121-02.  My question is, is there a way to populate the "Redd number" question with the default answer of surveyor_id - survey_date - ## (i.e 13-092121-##), where the surveyor would only be inputing the last two digits?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaitlinFinan
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, this is certainly possible! You would add the survey and date field question, and then set up a calculation expression for the redd field that you want to autopopulate a combination of the survey number and date. Within the calculation field for that question, you can reference previous answer and reformat the data.

Here is more info on calculations

Here is a blog about formatting dates

Here is a screenshot of how you can set it up

KaitlinFinan_0-1632509183057.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KaitlinFinan
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, this is certainly possible! You would add the survey and date field question, and then set up a calculation expression for the redd field that you want to autopopulate a combination of the survey number and date. Within the calculation field for that question, you can reference previous answer and reformat the data.

Here is more info on calculations

Here is a blog about formatting dates

Here is a screenshot of how you can set it up

KaitlinFinan_0-1632509183057.png

0 Kudos