Select to view content in your preferred language

Get Current GlobalID

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to create a Survey123 form that includes a link to create a new entry in another form using the current GlobalID as the parent key. Is there a way to get the current global ID within the XLSForm spec so I can build the appropriate link? It's fine if I get no GlobalID during the initial submission, I only want the link to appear for existing forms viewed through the inbox. No, I can't use repeats or anything like that to glue the forms together, I need to get the GlobalID straight up. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There is a guide here for pulling ObjectID. But I don't recall seeing one for GlobalID. I'd start here though.

Next I'd try to see if URL parameters can dump GlobalID into a text field.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There is a guide here for pulling ObjectID. But I don't recall seeing one for GlobalID. I'd start here though.

Next I'd try to see if URL parameters can dump GlobalID into a text field.

DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

That actually works, if I ignore the error about having a field named "GlobalID" and make sure it binds to null then the proper value is still pulled down after opening the results. Thanks for digging that guide up for me!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad to hear that this workflow works for GlobalId as well! I will try and make a mental note of that.

0 Kudos