Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGISRequestError: HTTP 504: UNKNOWN_ERROR - Reports are not generating

06-04-2024 09:19 AM
LucianoSantoni5
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

Today we have unfortunately found that all our reports are not being generated due to the following error: ArcGISRequestError: HTTP 504: UNKNOWN_ERROR. We can't even generate sample templates in the non-configured cases. There is a post from 2021, https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/arcgisrequesterror-http-504-unknown-error-f... in which many people experienced the same thing. Apparently it was due to a security update of the Survey123 website.

Is anyone going through the same thing?
Any suggestions?

@IsmaelChivite 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MondayTutorials
New Contributor

Hi @LucianoSantoni5 , the HTTP 504 error you're encountering suggests a "Gateway Timeout" issue, where a server didn't get a timely response from another server. This can be due to server-side problems or recent security updates, as seen in past issues with Survey123. Best way to handle this is to open a ticket with support to check if there are any known outages.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I am not experiencing any report generation issues, so I doubt there is something larger going on. My environment pretty consistently generates reports all day, so if something goes wrong, I notice pretty quickly.

There is a chance this is related to your IT security. If you were able to generate reports yesterday but not today, it may be worth asking your IT if anything changed. Example: In my case, my IT blocked a URL overnight semi-recently, so whenever I try and manually generate a Feature Report with "Save to my ArcGIS Account" enabled, I get an error -- disabling that option results in reports being generated. I left the security settings alone since I don't mind that functionality.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

On the off chance that there IS a larger issue, there were two back to back posts with the same error here and here. Both were timeout errors (Waiting failed: 180000ms exceeded). Esri may be pushing an update that is causing errors, and the update may be mid roll-out (i.e., not everyone has it yet).

0 Kudos