Geopoint Edits

Jump to solution
08-11-2021 08:30 AM
JasonSimpson
New Contributor III

I have a survey in which has repeats. The repeats represent each inspection visit for a site. There have been several times in which our inspectors have created a new inspection visit and have moved the geopoint(I believe its tracking their location). Is there anyway to not allow edits of the geopoint once it has been initially set? I have deleted the allowUpdates=true from the esri parameters field, but I am still able to go in and change the geopoint of existing surveys. I would like to eliminate the ability to move a geopoint to a wrong location. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JasonSimpson,

Yes, depending on how you configure your XLSForm and the geopoint question, you can have the geopoint be read only if it has been opened from the Inbox for editing, but if it has been opened from a new collect, it will not be read only and the location can be set by the user.

To know if the survey is opened as a new collect or edit, you can use pulldata("@property", 'mode'). This will return a value of new, edit or view. From that value, you can set a read only expression to say if the value is new, then geopoint is not read only, and if value is edit or view, set as read only.

As for editing the geopoint location in ArcGIS Pro, yes you can still do this even if set the geopoint in Survey123 to read only. This setting will only apply in Survey123, and not to other ArcGIS apps or software for editing the geometry.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JasonSimpson,

Is the geopoint question located in the parent layer, or inside the repeat? Have you tried making the geopoint read-only, you can do this via an expression or simple yes/no in read only column. If you use expression you can make it so it is read only when the survey is open via Inbox, or for editing, versus a new collect.

Regards,

Phil. 

0 Kudos
JasonSimpson
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User Sorry for the delay. So the geopoint question is in the parent layer. So essentially this is an inspection form in which each site may have multiple inspection visits(repeat layer). I need the geopoint in the parent label to remain the same. I have brought the points into ArcPro and moved them to the proper location only to have them return back to where the point was originally set. This has happened to me several times. 

A few questions about setting it to read only. 

1. Does the question become read-only after out inspectors insert the initial point? 

2. If our inspectors were to make a mistake placing the point, would I still have the ability to bring the data into ArcPro and move to the correct location? 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JasonSimpson,

Yes, depending on how you configure your XLSForm and the geopoint question, you can have the geopoint be read only if it has been opened from the Inbox for editing, but if it has been opened from a new collect, it will not be read only and the location can be set by the user.

To know if the survey is opened as a new collect or edit, you can use pulldata("@property", 'mode'). This will return a value of new, edit or view. From that value, you can set a read only expression to say if the value is new, then geopoint is not read only, and if value is edit or view, set as read only.

As for editing the geopoint location in ArcGIS Pro, yes you can still do this even if set the geopoint in Survey123 to read only. This setting will only apply in Survey123, and not to other ArcGIS apps or software for editing the geometry.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos