Select to view content in your preferred language

Fieldworks and Stakeholders

12-18-2018 09:40 AM
AnitaPalmer1
Frequent Contributor

I am helping an education group at a large library to use Survey123. They have had students do a major data collection project. With the new release, it appears they now have a "fieldworker" and "stakeholder" (feature service?) layer in ArcGIS Online Contents. I would like to read up on how the levels in the new release are used and any other specifics (best practices) I can glean about the new release as I help others. Thank you! Ismael Chivite

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JosephKerski The stakeholder view gets automatically created when you share your survey results from Survey123 website. However, this specific view layer is created for a specific purpose which is controlling who can access the results of your survey. However, you can use this view for other purposes. 

Besides, as it's mentioned in the documentation you linked in your previous post here, you can always create other views if you need from the item details page of your survey's hosted feature layer. Can you please explain why creating a view layer manually didn't work? Were you getting any errors?

Thanks,

MJ

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you so much.  Maybe we can talk sometime. I don't know enough about why and how to use the "view" layers and hence I largely ignore them - but I keep thinking they could be useful for my work in education in the future.  --Joseph K 

0 Kudos