Feature Reports: Can I have nested repeats displayed across a table (xls and pdf attached)

Jump to solution
06-06-2022 06:28 AM
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

Hi
I have been working on these reports for a while now and just not getting the "simple" report that I want.  Reason being that I have 2 repeats and the fields that I want should be going all across the report. 

My MS Word Report summary doc shows the current report that I have and how it's currently in 2 rows - because I felt that I had to put the repeats on separate lines- is this the case? Its not easy for the eye to read the report if it is in this layout.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

Since this took me a good 5 days to figure out, I thought I'd share the final solution that I came to figure out after hours of trial and error.

It's very basic, but it does contain three different repeats from my XLS form.  I wanted a few fields from each repeat, and I wanted them displayed across the same report.   
Hope it can help someone as it took me forever to get it right and there was not a lot of documentation, help, or examples of something exactly like this. 🙂
See attached template.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

I am attaching my most recent report template - while all of the fields are showing up since I created 2 tables side by side,  ideally, I would like to rearrange the fields and put them all in one table (two repeats in one table), alternating the fields, one field displayed may be from the first repeat, another field may be from second repeat. is this possible? Didn't work for me in prior report templates.
I am not sure how to separate the station names as they are shown in the goal-report.jpg screenshot - - it would be great to have each station alphabetized and then show who cleaned which station, in order.  Thanks so much.

Again, the goal is to have one report with all fields in one table.

0 Kudos
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

Since this took me a good 5 days to figure out, I thought I'd share the final solution that I came to figure out after hours of trial and error.

It's very basic, but it does contain three different repeats from my XLS form.  I wanted a few fields from each repeat, and I wanted them displayed across the same report.   
Hope it can help someone as it took me forever to get it right and there was not a lot of documentation, help, or examples of something exactly like this. 🙂
See attached template.

0 Kudos