Error when resubmitting a survey

02-24-2022 05:40 AM
JenAmes
New Contributor III

A survey I created about 3.5 years ago has been having issues lately. It's used multiple times a day, and normally there are no issues. When issues do come up, it's when they try to re-submit a survey that's already been submitted. Previous issues that have been brought to my attention were when they tried to add another signature to the image repeat question and resubmit, and today's was trying to submit a survey from yesterday as a new survey for today because all of the same information applied. The error just says "failed to submit", with no error code to search for, and no information to go off of.

Any suggestions for what could be wrong? I feel like the ultimate solution is going to be to create a new survey and have them use that one, but I'm trying to avoid that.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Esri's latest update has a bug. Random surveys are not working. They tried rolling back from 3.14 to 3.13 and it didn't really help. They are actively working on the issue.

It is important to note that this, for some strange reason, doesn't affect all surveys.

Edit. Here is a link to the thread from yesterday: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/the-survey-is-not-accessible-or-does-not-ex...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @abureaux,

This issue has now been resolved and the Survey123 website has been updated to 3.14 with noted issues resolved.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JenAmes,

Are the users using the field app or web app to submit surveys? Can you confirm what version of field app they are using?

If you are using web app, please try again today as there was a further update to Survey123 website today to resolve some issues.

Otherwise, you may want to try to republish your survey with latest 3.14 web designer or Connect, depending on from which platform you created it.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JenAmes
New Contributor III

They're using the field app. I downloaded the newest version of Connect and republished the survey, and then updated the survey on the devices. We'll see how it goes, they might not run into the scenarios where the issues occur for a bit, so hopefully I won't hear about any issues, and this will have solved it. I'll reach back out if the issue continues to occur.

DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

Wasn't there an issue that popped up with 3.13 as well, @Anonymous User ?  I thought I remember something changing with the allowUpdates=true and/or the query where clause changing the behavior of edit & resubmit or copy to new options, especially on surveys with repeats and image attachments? 

0 Kudos