Error generating Survey123 report

07-06-2020 01:57 PM
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

I am trying to generate a survey123 report from a hosted feature service and getting the following error "Error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. Error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. Pagination is not allowed unless ''supportsPagination'' is true.".  I checked the rest URL of the feature layer and Pagination is set to true.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dion O'Reilly‌, 

Is your survey located in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? From the Survey123 website if you try exporting as a CSV or Excel file does that complete successfully? 

If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise is your environment publicly available? Meaning you can hit your Enterprise environment without needing a VPN or being on the organizations network. If it is publicly available you will be able to hit it from your home WiFi network or LTE. 

If you can not hit your Enterprise environment outside of the network Feature Reports are not expected expected to work. 

Please use the ArcGIS Enterprise Support section of this doc for reference: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/07/23/understanding-survey123-feature-reports 

If you are using ArcGIS Online do you have a lot of survey submissions with a large amount of photo attachments associated with each submission? 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

Hello, we are using Enterprise that is public facing.  I can export to excel.  The reports were generating a couple of weeks ago without issue.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dion O'Reilly,

Thank you for reaching out and confirming! I had tested on my end and was able to reproduce the same behavior with a survey I had created just now. 

I haven't seen anything logged from the Technical Support side of things as of yet. I would recommend logging a case with Technical Support so that this can be tracked down. 

I know recently someone was seeing a similar message in ArcGIS Online as well: https://community.esri.com/thread/255982-survey123-error-generating-reports 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

Getting the same error here. Nothing has changed in the feature template or hosted feature layer.

Our Integromat webhook choked, so we started diving into the issue. The feature service works as-expected in both Pro and Enterprise Portal.

I also tried download a default "individual" feature template from the survey123 website and using that to create a feature report. I also received the below error. It looks like everything I try results in the below error.

We are running Enterprise 10.8

Please help, we need these reports generated for Federal compliance reporting, DAILY!

Error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. Error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. Pagination is not allowed unless ''supportsPagination'' is true.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dion O'Reilly‌ and dan becker‌, 

It looks like there have been other reports of feature reports issues on the ArcGIS Survey123 July update blog post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/07/03/what-is-new-in-survey123-july-3-2020#com... 

It looks like the team is currently investigating it, but if you test on survey123beta.arcgis.com do you see the same behavior in the beta release of the website? 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
danbecker

I get the same "supportsPagination" error on https://survey123beta.arcgis.com.

I opened a support case as well.

0 Kudos
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

Hello Zach, I get the same error on the Beta site.  Support told me they are trying to find a work around for the issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
danbecker

In my case, it's very specific.

I only get the supportsPagination error when trying to export a feature report for record that:

1. contains a repeat, that repeat HAS to contain an Image type question
  2. that repeat that contains an image type question has to have at least 1 image attachment, i.e. the user didn't leave the repeat blank

If either of those conditions aren't true the report prints fine.

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri

Hi,

I am facing the same. I checked the supportPagination and found it 'true'!

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8

Public facing..

Any solution? 

0 Kudos