Select to view content in your preferred language

Error generating report

04-24-2018 12:22 PM
RobertBlash_HMM
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the following error, is this something on the ESRI side or something I'm doing? I was able to generate a few reports earlier in the day

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

24 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

If possible, can you please provide me with the XLSForm and the Report Template that you are using to generate reports?

You can send them to me at barmstrong at esri.com.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

I can reproduce the error on our end, and we are looking into what the cause is.  Will update with more information as it comes.

0 Kudos
Port_Tampa_BayGIS_Staff
New Contributor

Can you please provide an update on this issue? Still unable to generate reports this morning. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Frequent Contributor

This has just started occurring with one of our report templates. It was working fine about 10 minutes ago, and now we're getting this error. Has any progress been made as to what the cause of this is?

Erica
0 Kudos
BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Hi Brandon Armstrong 
CDa you have any news about this question?
In my case, also appear this message. Today, it has been frequent, in the environment QA and normal of survey123. I'm attaching the errors in both websites.

Is there any limited with Kb or MB of document generated?

I hope your comments.

Braulio.

ESRI Chile S.A.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Braulio,

The 502 error is related to the same issue(s) that others are encountering with regards to reporting.  As a reminder, report generation is still in beta, and we are working to address these errors before official release.  We are continuing to investigate the cause, but it should be intermittent. 

As for the error when using the QA site, please keep in mind that this a beta site, and therefore it is used for internal testing of beta features.  The error that you have referenced is known to us and will be addressed with the next online release of Survey123.

Best Regards,

Brandon

BraulioGalvez1
Esri Contributor

Thank you Brandon.

I realized that for documents that weigh less than 1MB, there are no problems. Above 1.2 MB, the error begins to be intermittent.
I do not know if other users share the same theory.

Best regards!!!

Braulio.

0 Kudos
LouisDECOMBE
Frequent Contributor

Hi, i still have the same issue today. 

0 Kudos
JoshuaHellman
Occasional Contributor

Do you have attachments on your feature?  I noticed I can generate a report successfully if it doesn't have an attachment, but if I use the same report template and click on a feature with attachments it fails.  I've noticed on features with attachments, like photos, even the Survey123 window when you click on a feature is loading the attachments wrong.  It adds them to the bottom of every group of my survey, instead of just at the bottom of the survey. Not sure if you have attachments in your feature or not, but this seems to be an issue for me, even if I don't include the attachemnts on the report it still fails to generate.

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Frequent Contributor

My reports have attachments, which doesn't seem to make a difference. One minute I can generate a report on a record with attachments, the next minute the same record (with the same template) will fail.

FWIW I have not had any problems the past few days....

0 Kudos