Error generating report

04-24-2018 12:22 PM
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

I'm getting the following error, is this something on the ESRI side or something I'm doing? I was able to generate a few reports earlier in the day

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

24 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

You mentioned that you were able to successfully generate reports without error earlier in the day, was this on the same record?

If it was not on the same record, can you please try to identify some differences in the reports that were successful and those that were not?  i.e. number of pictures, repeats, answered questions for the record.  It would be good to know if the report(s) encountering issues have more data in them than those that processed without issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

Interestingly, the same error has come up again today at roughly the same time of the day. I've been generating a few reports over the last hour and now I suddenly get the error.  Is there a way to look into what the issue might be? The error it's throwing seems a bit generic. 

0 Kudos
ShelbySouthworth1
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon -

Just thought I would throw my name on the list of people getting this error code in the past couple of days. To be fair, I just tried to use the Reporting function today for the first time in a couple weeks, but it is being used with a fresh AGOL/ Collector/ Survey123 data upload and it shouldn't be having any issues. I will say that I was just testing the print with a record that exists, but doesn't have much data filled in that would be relevant to the form I'm publishing (ie - I was expecting it to print out >mostly< blank). Could it perhaps have something to do with incomplete datasets / Null vaules? 

0 Kudos
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

I don't think it has anything to do with nulls (not in my case at least). I was using a single record to test some templates, so I know I was able to export this record successfully at one point, then it failed, then in started working again.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the information, Shelby.

We are looking into what variables may be causing the issue.  Good to know that in your case, there were empty values in the selected record being referenced for the report.

0 Kudos
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

Yes I was working with the same record the whole time (trying to refine a reporting template). It seems like there was a hiccup somewhere on the server yesterday, because it was working once again this morning.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

It's working once again this morning. Is there a limit to the number of requests that can be made within a certain time period? I generated 15-20 reports over the span of an ~1.5 hours.

0 Kudos
RobertBlash_HMM
New Contributor III

I'm getting the error again after successfully exporting several results.

"Http failure response for https://survey123.arcgis.com/api/reportMerge/_printByWordTemplate/execute: 502 OK"

0 Kudos
LouisDECOMBE
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I've the same pb with some users that have the same error since 2 days :Http failure response for https://survey123.arcgis.com/api/reportMerge/_printByWordTemplate/execute: 502 OK

If you have the solution, i take it!

thank you