Editing not possible, "objectId parameter is deprecated"

07-27-2020 02:33 PM
DenaS
by
New Contributor II

I've been running an online survey since February. I published it via the Connect app (v 3.9.120) and enabled users to be able to edit surveys after they have been submitted. Suddenly, I am receiving this warning at the top of the submitted survey when I go into edit it: "Editing is not possible because the objectId parameter is deprecated. Please use globalId instead."

Can someone explain what has changed and how to fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dena,

It sounds like you have version locking (which would preserve the functionality at time of publish) off. As noted in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/02/19/upcoming-changes-to-survey123-web-forms-... , the use of objectId is deprecated in favor of using globalId as the parameter to specify a record.

0 Kudos
DenaS
by
New Contributor II

Thanks James. Reading the blog post you sent, I understand the premise but not how to follow through and fix the issues. Right now I use Integromat to send automatic emails to survey takers so they can go back and edit their survey. It was originally linked to the objectID in the URL ( "mode=edit&objectId"), do I now just change that to "mode=edit&globalId"? Where else do I make this change? How does this impact data collected to date based on the ObjectID?